1. Rub Dry Rub all over ribs. Place in glass dish; cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
2. stir together ketchup, water, vinegar, Worcestershire, mustard, brown sugar, oregano, basil, thyme and pepper in a medium-size bowl.
3. Transfer ribs to 5-quart Dutch oven. Reserve 1 cup sauce for basting later; pour remainder over ribs. Cover pot and cook the ribs over low heat for about 45 minutes or until ribs are tender. (Ribs may be prepared up to a day ahead and refrigerated.)
4. Prepare grill or heat broiler. Remove ribs from sauce; discard sauce. Spread ribs with half the reserved sauce.
5. Cook ribs over medium coals or broil until crispy and browned, about 5 minutes. Turn ribs over. Spread with remaining sauce. Cook for 5 minutes more.
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Store unused dry rub in airtight container in cool dark place.
Nutrient Value Per Serving of Ribs: 422 calories, 31 g fat (11 g saturated). 26 g protein, 10 g carbohydrate, 924 mg sodium, 122 mg cholesterol.
Recipe by: Family Circle Magazine
Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #944 by "Nitro_II " <Nitro_II@classic.msn.com> on Dec 4, 97